Pregnancy due date
Charts and calculators
- In order to calculate your approximate due date, answer the following questions:
- What was the first day of your last menstrual period (first day of bleeding)
- What is your average cycle length (from first day of your period to the first day of your next period)?
- Estimated fertility window: First day of last menstrual period + 10 days through first day of last menstrual period + 20 days. So, if your period started on May 1, then your fertility window would be: May 11 through May 21
- Estimated conception date: First day of last menstrual period + 15 days. So, if your period started on May 1, then your estimated conception date would be: May 16
- Estimated gestational age: First day of last menstrual period + elapsed days. So, if your period started on May 1, and today's date is July 1, then your estimated gestational age (how far along in your pregnancy) is approximately 8 weeks, 4 days (60 days).
- Estimated due date: First day of last menstrual period + 40 weeks. So, if your period started on May 1, your estimated due date would be February 5.
Copyright © 2011 Natural Standard (www.naturalstandard.com)
The information in this monograph is intended for informational purposes only, and is meant to help users better understand health concerns. Information is based on review of scientific research data, historical practice patterns, and clinical experience. This information should not be interpreted as specific medical advice. Users should consult with a qualified healthcare provider for specific questions regarding therapies, diagnosis and/or health conditions, prior to making therapeutic decisions.